This page was last updated 29/04/2020
To: ALL REFERRAL AGENCIES TO BESTWOOD & BULWELL FOODBANK
REFERRALS DURING COVID19 OUTBREAK
During the ongoing crisis we are aware that there may be difficulty with the normal referral process. If you are unable to get a voucher to your client then please follow these guidelines
New email address
This email is for emergency referrals only. For all other correspondence please use the usual email.
- No referrals will be accepted on any email address other than this one. Please use old email address for other matters.
- All email referrals must be from an official email address. You must clearly state the service and team that you represent,
- Please provide full details in the email – as you would on a normal voucher
- Tell us if someone is coming to collect on their behalf. Everyone will be asked for ID
- Normal guidance about referrals apply. Genuine hardship cases only. Self isolation is not sufficient reason – othersupport provision is available.
- Please wait until you have confirmation from us by email or telephone call before sending a client, otherwise they will be turned away.
- Please state the date they intend to come. We may not be able to help them if they do not come on the day arranged. A referral is valid for 3 working days only.
- Do not assume we will be open. Always check our website for details.
- We have a limited delivery service. Please state clearly is the client is physically unable to collect the parcel. Please provide a telephone number for the client. This is a time limited service. We cannot guarantee a date or time for delivery
- New referrer? – check with us first
- Clients will be turned away or your referral request ignored if these procedures are not followed.